17 October 2007

Strain and Griffith

I really liked Strain's ideas of trying to really focus on having a strong viewpoint and fully explaining ideas to the reader. My website is going to be there so that someone can learn about a viewpoint that I want them to know, and so it should have as much information as possible in order to give a lot of background and thought provoking ideas. Also, Griffith shines a light on how a hypertext essay should be able to make sense to the reader in an order that was possibly not imagined by the author. It will remind me to make sure that my essay has all the necessasry components and a good navigation in order to let the reader make their own choices about which direction they want to head in my site. Also, I need to have some links to outside web pages so that I can allow even more information to be filtered in to the reader.

2 comments:

Travis Lee said...

I like how much you wrote in reflection. You must have really enjoyed their hypertexts. I noticed you wrote that you needed more outside links to filter more information to the reader. I agree, but don't over do it. Sometimes it can be hard for the viewer to get back to the original page.

jching said...

It looks like you have a really good direction of what you want your site to become. I also liked Strain's whole strong view point tip. You also bring up a good point that Griffith made, sounds good!