31 October 2007

Hyper text essay 2

In my second hypertext essay I plan to write about young adults working in retail stores. I plan to show my own personal experiences in the retail business as well as the experiences of others. I want to incorporate the views of both the customers and workers and why the majority of retail workers seem to be made up of young adults. I also want to explore what the benefits and also disadvantages of being a teenager is in the retail business
About two christmas’ ago I had worked at a retail store called TAJ Warehouse. At Taj we would sell clothes mostly for kids. Not only did we sell retail but we also sold arts and craft products such as stamps, stickers, pens, ect. For the most part working at TAJ was bareable only due to the fact that I had good co-workers and my aunties owned the shop. Though even with relation to the owners, after that Christmas I never wanted to work in retail again. Coming into the job I had thought it would be a breeze to sell shirts but little did I know how many odd tasks I would also be sent too do. Working in Retail could also be seen through Nickel and Dimed. The whole third section of selling in Minnesota is on the retail industry. On pages 156-157 you get a good look of how one in retail is suspossed to act and treat customers. If not for co-workers the working environment and also the job criteria does not seem intriguing at all. Though I have yet to do extensive research I am interested in exploring this subject

No comments: