24 April 2007

Just DONT do It

Dear Nike,

I resign from every aspect of your corporation. From your apparel, your ties to Gatorade, all the way to the way you maltreat your employees.

Lets starts with your apparel. Who honestly makes a slogan saying “Just do it.” Swoosh… does that really make sense to give a sound for the symbol that is on all your items. Seems utterly ridiculous if you ask me and I am sick of seeing your empire grow for slogans that are, what I like to call, less then creative.

Some people may call you smart business men for using Gatorade to promote your sponsored professional athletes, but I beg to differ. I find it astonishing that you would have to use another product to boost your own. You strictly do things to benefit yourself and I am appalled. You have not gotten your business to the place you are today, through your own efforts.

Your products have been made by people who are being poorly treated and THIS is why I emphatically resign from wearing your products. You force young women and children in foreign countries to work long hours, at horrible times of the day and even through the night. On top of it all the wages you end up giving these individuals is, need I say, way below minimum wage. You show no sympathy for your employees, they are human beings and you treat them like machines. If you are such an affluent company, then why don’t you just buy such machines to do all this manual labor? Where are your morals? How do you sleep at night? I could never be associated or promote such an inhumane company with such low character running the company.

With all this said, I resign completely from Nike and have put all my eggs in the adidas basket because THEY run a company that has morals.

Sincerely,
Courtney

No comments: