18 April 2007

Amy's Topic Proposal

I plan to write about the Greek system throughout the United States and the problems it has encountered over the years due to controversial and political issues. I will take a close look at the Greek system here on Santa Clara’s campus and hopefully survey a few fraternity and sorority members anonymously to get a first hand account at some issues or feelings regarding Greek life and its pros and cons. I will also publish a section about my personal experiences, recounting all the good and bad aspects of my personal experience and opinion of my time spent being a part of the Greek community.
I will research the historical context of the Greek systems at the first Universities in the United States and how they have evolved and changed over the years with regards to their formal institutions, goals as a club and feelings toward fellow brothers and sisters. I feel there will be a wealth of information regarding both the pro and con side of this research project due to the many deadly and controversial hazing issues that have occurred throughout history and in very recent times as well as the many good and positive aspects that are involved with being apart of such an organization.

No comments: