11 April 2007

I resign!

I, Molly Doell, resign from being a decent human being, but only for a little while. I should like to become antisocial and selfish and most of all dishonest. The benefit of this reprieve would alter the rest of my life in a very positive way, thus it is totally justified.

For, you see, while on my moral hiatus, I would most likely seek some highly lucrative means, which would not fit, into my current life. I’d probably research drunk trafficking, bank robbing, etc. and try to find the ultimate moneymaker. I would cash in on these opportunities until I could live comfortably for the rest of my life or at least to the best of my abilities. (If I were stealing I would try to do so from an insured institution so that the guilt wouldn’t be so bad after I gave up my adverse life) Every wrong act that I carried out would be for my sake because, as I have previously stated, this is a total self-indulgent trip.

Also my social perceptions would probably be bettered by the lapse of civility. Because while I am without decency, I can give up tolerance, courtesy and anything else that I currently do to try to accommodate others. This would be a nice way to blow off frustration and it would also show me the merit of being decent once I passed through my coarse phase.

I would come out on the other end a better person and therefore I feel that this temporary resignation is for the best. Any residual guilt felt after I return shall be cleansed by penance, philanthropy and hand-written apology letters. While I do not have ill feelings about my impending abandon, I should like to avoid bringing other people down with me for decency's sake.

4 comments:

AMagill said...

I think your resignation statment is very comical and something a lot of people can relate to. I often find myself feeling tired of the fake hellos and "how are you?'s" we have to go through each day.

Caroline Clark said...

I completely agree with this topic and feel like it could be even stronger if you placed more examples about how your point is valid. It was fun sitting and reviewing these with you neighbor!!

CMLewis said...

Comical is right. So many people already gave up being a legit citizen, that it would be interesting to live a while in their shoes. It would be very interesting. You resigned from that but you sure didn't resign from using big fluffy vocab words-- talk about reading Websters!

rockstar168 said...

I love it! It had me laughing *on the inside* all throughout. You were able to vocalise a thought that most definately runs through a person's head on a regular basis.