12 November 2007

The three quotes I picked on critical thinks were ones by Daniel Kurland, Stephen Norris, and Victor Maiorana. The one I liked the most was the one by Daniel Kurland. When defining critical thinking he brought up the point of leaving “emotionalism” out of critical thinking. When I thought about this I realized the often times emotions are what normally cause people to be close minded. To me this is a very helpful reminder to leave the morality aspect out of my project. To me selling drugs is morally wrong, yet when I put my morals aside I realize that the whole world doesn’t see things the way I do, and people have to do, what they have to do to survive.

The other quote I picked was one by Norris. I liked this quote because I believe that often times people believe things to easily. The just believe things without really knowing why they believe, they just believe because they think that’s what they are supposed to do.

The third quote I picked was one by Marioana. I liked his quote because it talked about questions things. There are three things you do to achieve understanding and all of them involving questioning. I like that fact that critically thinking does not just involve memorize regurgitated information, its playing around with the information and drawing your own conclusions.

No comments: