12 November 2007

Critical Thinking

I believe the processes of critically thinking is varies within differnet subjects. In sciences, its i think critical thinking has to do with facts and math and hopefully matching results to confirm answers. In this case I could relate to Linzey, Hall, and Thompson. However in english, in order to read or to write critically, I think that one needs to find a topic, find different view points, discuss them, find the logic in each, find a solution to problems, and then write. Thus I think that my writing relates most to Victor Maiorana's and NCTR Committe's notion on what critical thinking is. However, I did not think that this website was quite like anything I had ever written. I approached my hypertext as a project that ultimately will provide information about my topic in a subtle way in which the readers would not be bored. I never really thought of developing this project in such a away that critically formed to lure in readers, but as I look over my hypertext I realize that I have unknownly created a website that asks questions, inquires certain aspects of my topic, that tries to resolve the problem or give an answer, and that try to give several view points to ultimately provide understanding for the reader.

No comments: