07 November 2007

Hypertext 2

The sex trade in international markets has increased exponentially over the last couple of decades. Young girls and sometimes even males are shipped into countries all over Europe and Asia, and are exploited for tourists and locals alike. My website will explore this problem from the view of the people who are being exploited and hopefully through maybe some people who have experienced it firsthand, either through being a sex slave or a witness to what is going on. My review of the research has led me to believe that this is an increasingly growing trend in the United Kingdom, and so I will look to do my most research in that area. Also, the fact that a growing number of young boys are in this trade as well is very interesting to me, as I’m sure that not many people focus on that aspect of this dilemma. My website will have videos from a few sources, but will mainly focus on being pretty somber and hopefully visually enticing. I’m going to try and incorporate a flash template into my website, making it more of a fluid design instead of a static background. I would rather go for a cleaner look, trying to use simplicity to convey my message. I’m going to try and go for more interviews if I can, and also try and get as many facts as possible, especially facts such as the fact that most of the girls trafficked are under 12 years of age and that there are something like 400,000 women every year just from a place such as Ukraine which traffic women into this trade. It is an international black market funding source for some governments, and I am going to do my best to incorporate my views as well as others into this hypertext.

No comments: