14 November 2007

Critcal Thinking

Critical thinking, that is a headache within itself. For me critical thinking is what Ennis said “deciding what to believe or do”. When I write I always write what I feel or in other words what I read and believe in when I read the material, using the skills of reasonably and reflectively, of course. Not only do I put into consideration of what I believe, but thought process of what to do after I have considered reason and reflection that went into it questioning the topic. To consider what I do after understanding what I believe I would turn to Paul, Binker, and Adamson because their definition of critical thinking. In which I would have to go back and read, again, and think of what I thought of the first time to make things a lot more clear, accurate, and less of a judgmental believe. Thinking at the same time as reviewing the work can be fairly hard, but it does make things a lot more definite and understandable. Paul, Binker, and Adamson call it “the art of thinking” and that is a good way to put it because it is. To think critically involves a lot of thinking, as artwork involves a lot of staring and imagination. After I read the article twenty times, I then look for inspiration from Lindzey, Hall, and Thompson. In this case I have to examine what I have re-thought about and see if in the end it will work out as a suggestible solution.

No comments: