30 May 2007

Critical Thinking for Hypertext

I have found from my personal experience of building my hypertext essay, that my thinking has had to adapt, and at the same time regress. I say that my thinking has regressed, meaning that I have had to, very positively, unlearn some of the things that I found to bar my writing. For example, as children, we never think in a linear fashion. The traditional essay is a product of pen and paper without the technology to put natural thoughts into words.
I would argue that Vicotr Maiorana's description of critical thinking, as a means "to achieve understanding, evaluate view points, and solve problems" is the best embodiment of my personal experience available. This hypertext project has really forced me to write as I think, and pushed me to consider multiple viewpoints while searching for an answer and furthermore, trying to let others have an opportunity to share in my new-found knowledge.

No comments: