23 May 2007

::..Critical Thinking Through Reflection..::

Critial thinking is "reasonably and reflectively deciding what to do or believe." I feel that this definition is one that reflects how I have gone about writing this hypertext. I feel that I am successful when I put myself in someone's shoes and use emotional intelligence to understand what to say and what not to say. This is especially important when writing about the low wage life . I think that reflecting upon the issue and getting in touch with my feelings is very important. For example, several of the authors in the books that I have researched went undercover so that they could relate to their fellow workers or interviewees. This type of "hands-on" research provides us with information that cannot be understood unless one lived the life of the particular low wage worker.

2 comments:

ak said...

With all the secondary material we are using in our hypertexts, we have to continually be aware and be able to seperate what is useful information from what we should disregard as crap.

Betsy said...

Do you think that reading those first-hand accounts of people going undercover can do the same for the reader in terms of evoking emotional investment in the matter as it did for the actual person who went undercover?