30 May 2007

Critical Thinking: Hypertext whaa?

In my hypertext, I found that I was branching off from traditional english paper writing in some ways but still rooted in others. Halpern wrote "Critical thinking is sometimes called directed thinking because it focuses on a desired outcome." I am completely aware that the goal of hypertext is not to look at a desired outcome before writing. I however knew before I went in to my strawberry picker hypertext looking for injustices that existed. I found some, but not as many as I would have 'liked' to find to have a good story. At points I have found myself being checked by my prefrontal cortex, reminding myself that I need to look at this hypertext with an open frame of mind. As I have moved further in this last hypertext I have found that it has become easier to allow the facts to stand for themselves and interpret them as be, thereby learning from it. I would also like to point out that hypertext, like other works of inspiration, have to come not just from the intellectual side but emotional side as well. Without emotion involved, there is no drive.
One other author said "Critical thinking is the examination and testing of suggested solutions to see whether they will work." I find hypertext very conducive to this definition being that it allows the writer to branch off and devote one page to a topic, exploring it to their desire. I found this came up with I was thinking about subtopics within the realm of strawberry workers in california. As I was writing, I found myself testing the subject and my own opinion as well. The view of the groweres, the consumer, the worker all came up in my writing and I found that it was difficult to completely ignore one. I did, however, come to find that the workers are the least well off of the three and it is their story that is not told and needs to be. I hope you have enjoyed reading my expose on Critical Thinking, prost.

No comments: