30 May 2007

Amanda's Critical Thinking

"The purpose of critical thinking is therefore to achieve understanding, evaluate view points and solve problems...critical thinking is the questioning or inquiry we engage in when we seek to understand, evaluate, or resolve." Maiorana 1992

"...understanding the meaning of a statement...judging whether statements made by authorities are acceptable." Smith 1990

I believe that theses two quotes strongly relate to the ideas of writing and developing my hypertext. When writing my hypertext I really had to think not only my view point but also understand and determine how others feel about the topics I chose to do my hypertext on. In order to get a deep grasp of my two topics I really had to think not only about the people who are directly impacted/effected, but also go outside the box, thinking about how other might feel or be effect by a certain situation. When developing my hypertext I had to learn to take my thoughts and write them in a more condensed writing, but to make sure not to loose the mean of my content. I needed to be brief, but stil have my writing backed with a punch.

No comments: