30 May 2007

amy's critical thinking post suckas

"The purpose of critical thinking is, therefore, to achieve understanding, evaluate view points, and solve problems. Since all three areas involve the asking of questions, we can say that critical thinking is the questioning or inquiry we engage in when we seek to understand, evaluate, or resolve." (Maiornana)

I like to compare my hypertext experience to that of riding a rollercoaster. I really dislike riding roller coasters. However, like all things in life, it is an experience, something to learn from, reflect upon, and determine what was learned from such an experience. Throughout this course and my hypertext extravaganza I now have new insight into the website creation world and am better equipped and willing to solve problems with an open and willing mind. Although it is frusterating, and I have a lot of work left on my second website I am faithful it will turn out much better than my first and am very happy I took this course. As the quote clearly states, critical thinking is a way to ask questions and look at problems with an open mind.

No comments: