06 June 2007

tour of carrie's webapge

The purpose of this page is to invoke emotion to the viewer about the life of a low wage worker. In my opinion, the best way to do this is by using real life stories and experiences of the worker. For my second hypertext assigment, I choose to expose the realities of domestic workers. My splash page gives an into the main problems that maids encounter with links that connect to various pages. I would first like the reader to visit my history page so that those can see that the exploitation of domestic worker throughout history. Though we are not longer encountering slavery, the treatment of these workers is tragic. Other links are related to psychological and physical problems, some of the direct effects of this work. I also have a page that describes the unfair treatment of maids that work in the commerical field and another with background on unionization. I also discovered several people that have done undercover work in order to gain new perspective of the domestic worker. Many, many people hire maids at a low wage; my goal is to expose what many of them really go through on a daily basis.

No comments: