06 June 2007

Low Wage EMS with Nick Welter

My final project deals with EMTs living the low-wage life, and I can say that it is my best work ever. I have attempted to make the site useful for EMS and non-EMS folks alike, and the best element of it is the stories section. As a last-minute addition, I provided several web-blog entries and links to other blogs, in a hope that others would better understand what EMTs face everyday. While useful for non-EMS folks, the stories are also empowering for EMTs who can vent and know that they are not alone, uniting around their successes and greatest tragedies.

My hypertext itself is 24 pages, has over 2500 words, with a flat essay of over 2000 words, and harbors multiple links to other resources as well. Despite the difficult trial and error process of finding relevant sources, I managed to incorporate six scholarly sources into my research, and used personal experience as well to form what I believe to be the truth behind low-wage EMS.

The technical advances I have made over the quarter are amazing, and I hope it shows in the custom graphics and CSS styling that I have tried to incorporate into the website. My goal was for the website to look professional but clean, keeping in mind that people in the medical profession are often neat freaks when it comes to cleanliness.

I hope that my hypertext will actually be viewed by people, both in this class and the outside world. The people that work in this field are, for the most part, amazingly dedicated to helping others, and if I could help anyone myself I would help them. I hope my hypertext achieves that and shows how much I have developed this quarter.

No comments: