06 June 2007

About my Website - Child Labor in the Chocolate Industry

My second hypertext strives to shed light on the child labor being used in the chocolate industry. This is a little known fact that I myself was suprised to learn about when I read about it the first time in the Times Magazine.

Entitled "Chocolate and Child Labor" the hypertext shows its reader the hardship the child slaves in West Africa go through all so the consumer can have a bar of chocolate. Their horrendous living conditions and cruel punishment they endure under the wrath of the farmers that 'own' them. In my hypertext however I additionally strived to show the point of view of the different participants in this plight, mainly the families of these children, the cocoa farmers and the United States chocolate companies and the role they each play in the slavery.

http://itrs.scu.edu/faculty/mbousquet/spring07/english2/akhaw_spr07/H2index.htm

No comments: